Adobe Acrobat Reader (For Windows)

Talk about Adobe Acrobat PDF reader (Windows only). Acrobat is the de facto standard used to create PDF files, present multiple documents in a PDF Portfolio, and even add multimedia. All in a single file. 

Keywords Adobe, Acrobat, Reader, Windows, Re, amp, quot, distiller, encountered, problem, needs, close

Re:"acrobat distiller has encountered a problem and needs to close."

Adobe Acrobat Reader (For Windows) Forum Index -> Adobe Acrobat Reader (For Windows)

AuthorMessage
tim_sol (A_T) adobeforums.com

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 10:49 pm    Post subject: Re:"acrobat distiller has encountered a problem and nee

hi william,

[boy how time flies.]

i've installed all updates from adobe.

haven't you heard about this happening with many others whereby a fix might have been created?

"Describe your workflow for the print process."
Distiller simply locks up randomly when i turn my pc on *and* 100% of the time i try to create a pdf from a word or excel file.

can create a pdf from a notepad file.

is there any where else i can look for this product that i paid for that used to work but now is completely worthless to me and has taken 10s of hours for me to try to fix??

your help to a successful conclusion is really appreciated!
tim
tim_sol (A_T) adobeforums.com

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 2:58 am    Post subject: Re:"acrobat distiller has encountered a problem and nee

william, or anyone,

tried another fix from the forum area to no avail. was able to create a PDF from an Internet Explorer webpage.

however - can still not create a PDF from a Work or Excel 2003 file[s].

it has narrowed down the error message to this:

"Adobe PDF printer failed to create the PDF file."

which appears after canceling making the PDF, which i cancel after the creation obviously locks up.

ideas for a fix?
   Adobe Acrobat Reader (For Windows) Forum Index -> Adobe Acrobat Reader (For Windows)All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1